Pages

Our Blog



We are a year 5/6 (9-10 year olds) class from Bairds Mainfreight Primary School in Auckland, NZ.

You can see some of our learning that took place in Room 12 in 2010 and 2011.

NB: I have moved to a new school now so this blog is no longer active. You are still welcome to comment and look at the great fun we had over the past two years.

Thank you for all the lovely comments :)
Tara T-J
Contact : (@taratj on Twitter)


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Maisy Fights for her Egg - By Mele Latu



I was sitting on my nest waiting for someone to rescue me. Day after day, night after night, waiting and waiting until.......... one morning an elephant came by, it was Horton the elephant.
I said to him
"could you sit on my nest I'm awfully ready to take a good rest.
Horton answered
"yes".
So I flew off ready for my holiday. Laying down somewhere on the beach, I said,
"AAHH THIS IS ALL COULD EVER IMAGINED".
What a wonderful day I sang. I went over to the mall, I saw some of my friends and we went over to buy some ice-cream.
I flew off looking for some shade.
There I saw a little tent. There is some shade over there I said.
I dropped my ice-cream on someone’s head. PLOP! I looked into the tent and saw the elephant Horton and my white dotted egg. I said to him,
"I'm back from my rest now I'm ready to get back onto my nest.
Horton said
"no".
We were arguing over the egg. Just then we heard a cracking noise-it was my egg. It continued to crack and then........... out came an flying elephant [baby elephant]. Every body in the tent gasped. I shouted
"YOU STOLE MY EGG"
Everybody in the tent was starting to stare at us fighting. Horton said,
"this my egg now and I didn’t steal it-you left it."
I was beaming furious. The baby elephant flew to Horton and hugged him and called him mummy. They ran off together and I followed them everywhere they went, including the toilet.
One time I saw them playing hide and seek and I saw the baby elephant running away to its hiding place. I followed him and then I caught him just like that. I flew off with him far, far away and we were never to be seen ever again.








No comments:

Post a Comment