Pages

Our Blog



We are a year 5/6 (9-10 year olds) class from Bairds Mainfreight Primary School in Auckland, NZ.

You can see some of our learning that took place in Room 12 in 2010 and 2011.

NB: I have moved to a new school now so this blog is no longer active. You are still welcome to comment and look at the great fun we had over the past two years.

Thank you for all the lovely comments :)
Tara T-J
Contact : (@taratj on Twitter)


Saturday, March 20, 2010

Horton Draft Writing


We have been learning about the Habits of Mind. Last week we looked at persistence through the story Horton Hatches the Egg.
We have identified that Horton was very persistent and Maisy was not.

We are now re-writing Horton from Maisy's Point of View. This is a good way to think about another Habit of Mind - Thinking Flexibly.

Our stories are not finished yet. Here is an example of how they sound:

LI: WALT draft a narrative from Maisy's Point of View. SC: The story must: be told from Maisy's point of view have a problem and a solution descriptive language.


Zanitha

On a very hot day in the jungle I laid my first egg. It was a beautiful white and red dotted egg. I felt very tired and I felt like I needed a good vacation. Suddenly the ground started to shake. I thought I was going to fall off the tree and then it stopped. It was an elephant. A pink one. It was Horton. When I saw him I had an idea. I said to him, "I'm standing on this nest and I need a good rest, may you please stand on my nest?"
He accepted. So I left for my vacation with happiness. First I went to the beach and had a very long rest. Then I bought a big scoop of ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment